29 April 2011

Day 119

Though my birthday was several weeks ago, we held the big party tonight.  It seemed a little strange to be celebrating so long after my actual birthday, but it was the first weekend night we had available.  Despite the fact that many of my friends couldn’t come due to prior commitments, we had a good turn-out throughout the evening and the weather was just about perfect.  It was a great time and I loved being able to celebrate this milestone birthday with some of my favorite people.  I was too busy mingling to take many photos, but here are a few from early in the night.

My cookie cake….just one of several desserts that we served aside from the appetizers. 

004 

Our friends own Out Bak Decks here in town and he stopped by with their newly built “party barge”.  The kids really loved it and it was quite the conversation piece (several people in our neighborhood stopped to check it out).  We had a lot of fun hanging out on the barge for awhile before he had to head out.    

A007

A023

While it was great to spend time with all of my friends, the highlight of the night was a visit by my friend Michelle.  We’ve been best friends since high school and served as maid-of-honor in each others’ weddings.  Michelle and her husband and son came up from our hometown to attend the party and spend the night.  We only get to see them a few times a year, so I made sure to get a photo of the two of us. 

b029

LilCrockett loves hanging out with Michelle’s son.  Despite the 6-year age difference, they get along great….likely because LilCrockett idolizes older boys.  Here they are watching a movie after everyone had left for the night. 

A035

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...