Love spending Saturdays hanging out around the house. LilCrockett’s t-ball practice was cancelled due to the holiday weekend. In the morning, the kids and I made Birds Nest treats for Easter. I got the idea from my friend Julie’s blog. So easy and cute!
1) Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
2) Gently stir in chow mein noodles.
3) Scoop out piles of chocolate-covered noodles onto waxed paper, forming the “nests”.
4) Top with a Peep marshmallow treat and jelly beans (ours came decorated like bird eggs).
5) Allow chocolate to set & eat.
After making the treats, I took GothGirl shopping for a dress (to wear to a wedding we’re attending this weekend) while the boys hung out in the garage and yard. That evening, 2 of the neighbor families came over for a hotdog/brat cookout. At one point, the kids got out the water balloons. Here’s a shot of the homemade balloon launcher that Crockett made last year from rubber tubing and sturdy fabric. The neighbor boy had to put all his weight into it in order to pull it back. Fun, huh?!!