13 March 2011

Day 72

I’ve been recliner-bound for most of the day due to an annoying head cold.  I have gotten up throughout the day of course (I’m a mom after all!), but I haven’t felt like doing much of anything for too long.  I sorted through some old photos (film & digital), did a little cleaning, supervised kids who were cleaning rooms & completing homework assignments, etc.  Despite everything going on, there weren’t many cool things to photograph today. 

At one point, I checked in on GothGirl who was listening to music and looking through her Tiger Beat magazine.  Do you remember it?  This mag was popular when I was a teen and it’s still around.  Like GothGirl, I used to spend hours reading about the latest teen celebs and heartthrobs.  How cool is that?!!!  But the sweetest thing was seeing our cat Kenai hanging out with her. 

a101

I didn’t have much of a taste for anything today with my cold, but the smell of Crockett’s corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes cooking in the crockpot all day was tantalizing.  Dinner couldn’t come soon enough.  It was delicious, as usual; but the meat wasn’t quite as flavorful as normal and it was a little on the dry side.  I think it’s because we bought a more expensive cut of corned beef this year.  The cheaper stuff has more fat and thus, more flavor and moisture.  It’s a good lesson for next year.  But in the meantime, we’ll still enjoy the rest of this batch.

a108

We’re still bummed about missing yesterday’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade here in town.  It is our annual family tradition and we love participating.  Unfortunately LilCrockett’s basketball game was at the same time as the parade, so we had to miss.  Here are some photos of us and our neighbor from last year (unedited & taken with our point and shoot camera).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...