07 August 2011

Day 218, part 2

GothGirl and I had some girl time tonight.  We invited her friend and her friend’s mom to see the theater production of Disney’s Camp Rock movie at the New Salem State Park outdoor amphitheater.  None of us had ever been to this locale before to see a show so we weren’t sure what to expect.  Despite it being a small theater production, they did a great job and  we had a super fun evening.  Our seats were in direct line with the center of the stage and we were only 8 rows up.  The amphitheater is situated in a bowl-shaped valley, which meant that there wasn’t a breeze during the warm evening; but all other aspects were great.  There was a concession stand with reasonably priced snacks and drinks. The seats were roomy and fairly comfortable considering they were just hard seats.  The only other thing I could ask for would be cup holders on the back of the seats in front of you, similar to those at Busch Stadium.  The lady behind us knocked over her soda and it spilled down below under several of our seats.  I think the cup holders would eliminate this kind of thing.

Here’s a photo of GothGirl and I before we left for the evening.

b081

GothGirl, me, and our friends before the show.

b104

c106

b116

Some of the show’s signage showcasing the characters.

112

110

The stage.  It’s a small production so the set was not overly elaborate.  I think part of this was intentional because the majority of the movie takes place at a rustic camp.

114

I only got a few photos of the actual show in action.  My shutter is pretty loud, so I was only taking photos at the end of some of the really loud musical acts so as not to be disruptive during their dialogue.  And by this time, it was getting pretty dark and no flash photography was allowed.  Thus, my photos are pretty rough.  Excuse the dark blob in the lower right corners…it’s the head of the guy sitting in front of me.  Since I had to shoot quickly before the dialogue would start again, I didn’t have a lot of time to shoot around him. 

Here are the campers at Camp Rock.

b118

And now the campers at Camp Star, the rival camp.

b119

Though this was a small theater show and the cast was comprised of mainly high school and college-aged kids, they quality of talent was really good.  We were all quite impressed.  The show’s program was very nice as well, though I didn’t take a photo of it.  All 4 of us girls really enjoyed ourselves and we are looking forward to catching more shows here in the future.  And after all the fun we had at the musical, we continued the fun on the way home with lots of girly giggling.  What a great way to spend an evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...