01 July 2011

Day 181

I woke up early this morning after a fitful night of sleep.  I’m guessing the prednisone shot I’d had yesterday was the culprit.  But since I was up, I decided to make the most of it.  I could see the sunrise out the back window so I grabbed my camera and headed out the door.  Because I was still in my pajamas and shoeless, I didn’t want to venture from my driveway.  Luckily I spotted this gorgeous scenario where the rising sun was shining through some trees, creating gorgeous light on the ground around.  I snapped about 10 photos and got some great shots.  I think part of my success with these photos is due to some tricks I learned by reading Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera by Bryan Peterson.  Though I already knew a fair amount about exposure, especially for being mostly a self-taught rookie photographer; I learned quite a bit of new things from the book.  I highly recommend it.

These are straight-out-of-camera (SOOC) shots.  So happy that I captured the sunburst through the trees. 

064

068

As I was walking back inside, I noticed some small mushrooms in the yard; so I got down on my knees for a close-up.  Again, this one was SOOC.

073

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...