09 July 2011

Day 189

After striking out on a photo session at the skateboard park last night, we set out around 7am this morning to try again figuring that teenagers wouldn’t be up so early.  Also, I knew the sun would be at a great angle to get some backlit and sidelit photos.  Because of the unique lighting challenges that sunrise and sunset offer, I am eager to take more photos under these conditions in order to get improve my skills. 

When we got to the park, there wasn’t a soul around (except for a garbage man collecting the trash).  That’s probably a good thing because there was no one there to witness my comical exit from the skateboard bowl after the photo shoot.  If you’ve ever been in one, you know that it can be a bit of a challenge to get out of on foot.  Luckily Crockett was around to give me a hand too so I didn’t have to spend the rest of the day inside!

LilCrockett is sporting his new Tony Hawk clothes and shoes.  He is not a name brand snob, but he loves the Tony Hawk line and logo.  I figured I’d better get some photos before it all has the typical dirty, ripped appearance typical of used boys clothing. 

I was really happy with today’s photos.  I’m still working on a little focusing issues with this new camera and I’m still learning how best to use low-in-the-sky sun lighting (sunlit face without the squinting, etc.); but I got some great shots.  One of my favorites is the first one….who can resist a little sun flare?!!! 

151a - Copy

179a - Copy

088a - Copy

104a - Copy

124a - Copy

098a - Copy

202a

141a

131a

074

056

061

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...