08 February 2011

Day 39

a017

This is the view I see most weekdays at work.  Love my large computer monitor, which is a necessity with the geographic information system (gis) software I use for mapping.  Most of us work out of cubicles, but I’m fortunate to have one on the end of the aisle right next to the windows (our building is mostly glass), so there is plenty of natural light.  The dragonfly artwork is a new addition to my space.  I purchased it from a glass artist at a local art fair about 6 years ago for GothGirl’s room.  She has long since outgrown dragonflies and butterflies, so I brought the piece into my office to brighten it up a bit.  I love that the dragonfly is made from pieced glass and that there are even glass pieces attached to the frame.  It makes me happy when I look at it!

Obviously there is more to my cubicle than just this view, but my desk is a bit cluttered at the moment and there’s not much interesting to look at anyway.  Just many stacks of paper, reports, & such as well as some of the kids’ artwork.

Editing: white balance adjustment & exposure increase in ACR

  • f/2.8
  • 1/250 sec
  • 400 ISO
  • 28mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...