29 January 2011

Day 29

019a

I’m cheating a bit by posting this.  Obviously I didn’t take it myself.  I had my friend Laura take this photo of me at our scrapbooking retreat this weekend.  Note: the photo was taken on automatic settings.  Though I didn’t take the photo, I wanted to appear in this blog at least occasionally.  I really don’t like to have my picture taken, but I know that it’s important to document my presence in life!

While I actually like this photo of me, I was bothered by the chaos of colors.  My purple sweatshirt really clashes with the out-of-date brown couch in the background.  Knowing that I didn’t want to have to do a bunch of work in Photoshop, I tried a simpler approach.

 

019b

I changed the photo to black and white and I’m much happier with it. 

Editing: cropping in ACR; icing action and the pioneer woman b&w beauty action in Photoshop

  • f/4
  • 1/100 sec
  • 400 ISO
  • 40mm

1 comment:

  1. "I really don’t like to have my picture taken," ....I wonder where Goth Girl gets it?? ;)

    I really like your hoodie!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...