14 January 2011

Day 14

094a
It was my day off today, so I decided to use the time to get organized.  I have a weekend scrapbooking retreat coming up at the end of the month and I need to figure out what I want to work on next.  Unfortunately I don’t scrapbook in any kind of order, so I can’t actually put my pages in an actual scrapbook album.  The only exception is our first vacation to Maine….it’s my only completed scrapbook.  Instead of storing my pages in scrapbooks, I have a hodgepodge of loose pages stored randomly in clear Iris containers

So, I sat down on the living room floor and started grouping my pages by year.  Then I went through each year’s stack and sorted them by month, writing down the events I have completed.  Now I have a much clearer picture of what I still need to accomplish and I’ll know which photos not to print.  And it’s a good thing, I came across 3 different events which I had scrapbooked twice.  My pages for these duplicated events look different, but most of the same photos are featured. 

After I got up to grab my camera, I noticed that I had inadvertently made a pattern on the floor with my stacked pages and thought it would make a cool photo.  I was really pleased to see that I captured a little sunbeam streaming in the window at the top of the picture.  There is some glare on the upper photos due to the sunlight, but I like the muted effect.  I don’t want people to focus on the individual scrapbook pages….I want to them to notice the stacks and the pattern that they make.  Note that this is only a portion of my pages!

Editing: slight exposure increase in RAW
f/7.1
1/40 sec
400 ISO
28mm

086a
I couldn’t resist getting a close-up of a few of the scrapbook page stacks.  Considering that I average about 1 hour per page, that adds up to a lot of time.  Luckily, it’s my passion. 

Editing: slight exposure increase in RAW
f/2.8
1/100 sec
200 ISO
28mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...