19 September 2011

Day 262

I drove up to northern Illinois today with some coworkers so that we can attend a meeting tomorrow.  It was a long drive but we were rewarded with an afternoon field trip to a beautiful nature preserve….Fel Pro RRR Fen.  This beautiful site has several natural communities including gravel hill prairie, savanna, sedge meadow, fen, and several spring-fed lakes.  Of course I had my camera in tow, though I was seriously wishing I had my 7D back for this trip.

untitled-087

untitled-092

untitled-099

untitled-101

untitled-104

untitled-113

Turtle eggs….

untitled-128

untitled-132

 

untitled-137
untitled-140

untitled-144

untitled-145

untitled-148

untitled-149

untitled-150

untitled-152

After the field trip, we all had dinner together at a local restaurant before heading back to our hotel.  I always enjoy nights by myself in a hotel room because it’s a little respite from my hubby and kids.  Peace and quiet and no responsibilities.  Ah…If only there had been enough room in the van for my 3 huge pillows then this would have been just about perfect! 

untitled-155

untitled-158

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...