26 February 2011

Day 57

Today was full with sports.  We started the day off with GothGirl’s volleyball game at 8:00am.  Yes, that’s a crazy hour to have to actually function.  Luckily all I had to do was sit in the bleachers and watch.  She’s the one who had to be at the top of her game.  I was a little nervous on how things would go.  This was her first official game, which followed a mere 2 practice sessions.  Obviously, I didn’t have high expectations.  However, I was wrong.  The girls did quite well.  There may not have been a lot of back-and-forth volleys in the beginning, but that got better by the end. 

GothGirl’s team, the Top Servers, won 2 out of the 3 games.  The last game was quite intense.  Our team came back from behind and ended up winning the game after some on-the-edge-of-your-seat moments.  GothGirl ended up serving quite a few points for her team and made a really awesome save at one point.  For someone who isn’t very coordinated, she did remarkably well, so perhaps her coordination is improving. 

a072

a068

a060

After GothGirl’s game, we were able to head home for a few hours before needing to get to LilCrockett’s basketball game.  I have a hard time getting good photos at his games because the action is faster and my pics have a lot more blur.  Here’s a shot of them getting ready to play after half-time.  LilCrockett is wearing the maroon #12 uniform. 

a151

And here he is getting ready to catch a rebound.  Excuse the blur!

a155

During today’s game, LilCrockett made 1 basket and had a lot near-misses.  He earned the Best Defense star for his team, the Ponies. 

It was so fun to watch both games today, which is surprising to me because I don’t normally enjoy sports.  I am certainly getting a kick out of watching my kids though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...